A Comprehensive Guide to Mastering Reverse Supply Chain Logistics
2020 peak season started earlier, ran longer, and inundated all modes of shipping with historically high volumes. In Q3 alone, consumer spending resulted in a 30.1% increase of ecommerce sales. It’s not just how consumers buy that has shifted- what they buy online has changed too. Consumers are now more likely than ever to purchase big and bulky items- like furniture and exercise equipment- online.
This historic growth can create headaches for eCommerce retailers with an estimated 20% of those purchases being returned. After a whirlwind peak season, shippers must now turn on a dime to manage the reverse supply in order to control costs, manage inventory and ensure customer satisfaction.
In this guide, you will learn:
- Reverse supply chain operation overview, main drivers of returns, and common challenges faced by shippers
- Importance of an integrated reverse supply chain
- How to leverage a TMS to optimize your reverse supply chain
- How to capture the right data to drive an efficient reverse supply chain
- Importance of partnering with a tech-enabled 3PL to manage your reverse supply chain operations